Monday, September 28, 2009

Air Force Marathon!

On September 19th Josh and I participated in the annual Air Force Marathon (we ran in the half). We had a great time and finished better then Josh ever expected. All summer we have been looking forward to this event. Sometimes we would actually go running in preparation for it :) In reality Josh and I haven't spent much time running together this summer. Luckily he kindly agreed to go at my pace for the entire race-the best part was I surprised him! When we would stop to walk for a few minutes he would continue to jog lightly because he couldn't keep up with my walk! (I just loved that) Now it time to start getting ready for the next one! Just after crossing the finish line I stated "I will do that again but I dont think I will ever try the 26.2 miles!"

Turns out that most of our friends from the neighborhood were participants too. Johnny ran the half, Rachel, Shersti and Matt ran in the 10k. For more pictures and a funny perspective go look at Rachel's blog. Thank you to Johnny for hanging out to get pictures of Josh and I finishing!
After all of us were home and had a chance to rest up just a bit Rachel, Shersti, and I headed off to treat our feet! It happened to be Shersti's birthday so we joined her for pedicures.....let me just say it was amazing!

2 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

Congrats on your run!! That is a huge accomplishment! I have never been a big runner. I might think about doing the 5K next year. Well, see :O) Pretty toes are the best! :O)

Five Wahlquist's said...

super cute background! you guys are amazing, one day I will join you in the half!