Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Some new traditions

This year I had the best of intentions. Part of me was just trying to make up for last year. I just never pulled my act together last year. Go figure- I was pregnant and not in the mood to start anything new. Plus, for the first time since moving to Nevada, we were actually going to be spending a holiday together as a family. I was shocked when Josh said he was going to be off on Thanksgiving. Guess, I couldn't just skip it by running out of town to Sassy's house this year. And this will be the first December we haven't had a big event happening since 2009! Starting/creating traditions while you are having a baby 5 days before Christmas, moving across the country, or traveling home for 2 weeks in the middle of the month, have just made it a bit difficult the last few years. But, this year I have been determined to make it different. And next year, I will stop looking at Pinterest from October on, so I don't feel like a complete slacker mom when we only do a few little things here and there.

In November we started a few days late, and I usually forgot so would play catchup for a couple of days. We had some Thankful leaves. Maybe, next year I will even add a tree! Babysteps right?! The kids loved the idea and we did one for each day in November, not just up until Thanksgiving. 
 
Here are a few things from our list this year:
Chocolate Milk
When Daddy comes home
Fast motorcycles
Bathtime
Rain
Sunshine
Skype
Super Heros
Sister Dennett and Sister Richins (the kids Sunday school teachers this year)
Kylie and Reagan (requested multiple times)
Carter and Keegan (gain requested multiple times)
Then they resorted to listing family members!

We have a new family member courtesy of Santa. He sent a sweet little gal, who we named Jingle Belle. She came in a package with new pjs, some treats, and a movie that explained who she was. Our elf is trying to make sure she stays on the nice list with Zachary and Molly Jayne so she isn't a trouble maker. Just a nice magical friend (and an extra set of eyes for Santa). Our package arrived while the Hansen family was here so they stayed an extra little bit to enjoy the treats and the movie with us.

No comments: