Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Family photos 10.2013

In mid- October we had some family photos taken up at Mount Charleston. We have lived in the desert for a little over a year and half and I wish I could say that I have grown to love its beauty but, I haven't. We are so grateful that the mountains are practically in our backyard and just a quick 30 min. drive! 
 
These photos were particularly important to me because these are our pre-deployment photos. I was nervous and stressed and I wanted everything to be just right. Who was I kidding? We have a 4 yr. old, a 2.5 yr. old, and a 7 month old...what was I thinking?!?! Less than one hour before we were set to leave the house, Molly Jayne spilled hot pink finger nail polish on my cream skirt extender...so a last minute outfit scramble and we were off. All in all, I was very pleased with how they turned out!
I honestly have a love hate relationship with this photo. The colors look great and the pose works well for our family of five. But, most of all I love how it truly shows the personalities of the kids. Zachary is a our crazy little dude who can't seem to look at a camera without making a funny face, if you can get him to actually LOOK at the camera. Molly Jayne is our little priss. She is all GIRL! It was a bit of a battle to get her to wear jeans for these photos because she wanted a dress! She would wear dresses everyday if we let her (she did NOT get this from me!). It's funny to see just how innately different boys and girls are even at this young age. Then, we have Broden. He is our laid back, chilled out little guy, that we affectionately call fat and happy!

I have grown to love this photo but, I hated it as an option for our Christmas cards!

No comments: