Just a few days before the kids, Grams and I were headed out on the road tripe home we took a short trip into the Oregon State Fair grounds to watch a few of my cousins in the Marion County Fair. This was the first year that I have been able to watch them show a the fair and let me tell you I was pretty dang excited! As much as I LOVE the perks of living in a town (I wont call Columbus a city) I really am a country girl at heart! Matt, Mitch and Cassie were in the FFA division and Ellie was in the 4-H. It was so to see them all at the same time, this was Matt's last fair (he graduated in June) and I believe it was Ellie first county fair.
We were there for the Friday shows which were all showmanship, they all did pretty well. Matt made it to the Championship round for FFA and Ellie was the 4-H Jr Division Grand Champion!!!
![]() |
| Matt in the first round |
![]() |
| Miss Cassie Lee |
![]() |
| Matt in the Championship round (with Cassie's sheep) |
![]() |
| Lisa and Ellie, watching the FFA rounds--Can you tell Ellie was nervous?! |
![]() |
| Who would ever know they are siblings?! |
![]() |
| Ellie doing her thing! |
![]() |
| Remembering to keep eye contact with the judge |
![]() |
| Grams and Zachary---he was done with sheep and waiting to go get lunch! |
After the sheep shows we ventured out to pick up some lunch and a good old fashion fair treat!
And you know when you go to the fair you have to get something fried! Zach devoured his hand dipped corn dog!
![]() |
| After the corn dog he moved on the the ketchup! |
![]() |
| I guess the stick is handing for ketchup eating too! |
![]() |
| Molly was hot, tired and hungry! |













No comments:
Post a Comment