Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween 2013

Each year we seem to have more and more opportunities for the kids to dress up before going trick-or-treating on Halloween. It's great because they love sporting their costumes! But Mom and Dad could do without all the extra treats around the house! 

The Friday before Halloween we tagged along with the Boggess gang for some trunk-or-treating in their neighborhood. On Monday, Zachary got to wear his costume to soccer practice. Then, on Wednesday we had our squadron kids' party, followed by our ward's Community Fall Festival. Finally, on Thursday, we had Zachary's school party and trick-or-treating with the Lessin Family. The kids had a great week. But, I am pretty sure they were more excited for it all to be over so the Switch Witch would finally make her stop at our house! I wish I could personally thank whom ever thought of the Switch Witch. Our kids spent more of October talking about the Switch Witch than they  actually talked about going trick-or-treating!

This year I decided that I wanted to do a few "special" holiday things for the kids. But, with the crazy busy week we had, I was lucky to get them pumpkin shaped donuts for breakfast and at the last minute we made a Jack-O-Lantern pizza! Kinda lame, but at least we tried! The kids could not understand why they were getting donuts for breakfast. In fact, neither one of them actually finished their donut.

The day after Halloween, the kids were already discussing dressing up for next year! Zach says he wants to be Captain America and Molly Jayne can't decide between Wonder Woman (because she can fly) or dressing up as the Switch Witch (because she is such a nice witch)!
One thing we have learned living out here is that more people seem to decorate their yards/houses for Halloween than they do for Christmas. This is one of my neighbor's set up. I drive by it every time we come and go through the gates...and every time I just chuckle to myself. That poor scarecrow! Hahahaha!
 

No comments: