Monday, August 2, 2010

The "newness" has been lost!

There is so much blogging that I want/need to catchup on! It feels like I am never going to be all caught up, I planned on doing another post on this but now it seems better to just move on......

Back in June Josh and I did something neither one of us ever thought we would do! We bought a brand new car. But you see this wasn't just any new vehicle, its a mini van. The idea of owning a van is still something I am adjusting to, I just never thought I would own one. However, after MANY hours of internet research I just could not deny the practicality in one! So I gave in and we got one just before we moved to Mississippi. We affectionately refer to it as the Honda----not the van. When we bought it, it had 4 miles on the odometer! Crazy, right!?

This is not our Honda but it looks just like it
Until Saturday that is......
You see on Saturday we picked up our car from the valet parking at the hotel we were staying at in Mobile (it was the ONLY parking option there---thats another story) and when I walked around the back to put the stroller in the hatch wouldn't open! It took me a few seconds, then I looked down to see that the bumper had been HIT! On the black "Honda" it was hard to see at first but sure enough, the bumper was hit hard enough that the back hatch was not going to open!
The hotel insurance company will take care of it but we have to take it to two places get the estimates, fax them to the insurance company and then they will let us know where and when we can get it fixed (not my idea of great customer service). This wouldn't have "ruffled our feathers" quite so much if they would have offered some other compensation for all this! The valet guys wouldn't even look at us once we pointed out the damage. Plus, after we headed out to dinner that night we had to return the car to the same people who had already hit it once!

Yep, the newness has definitely been lost!
It was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sad. At least it wasn't the silly string that made it lose the newness!