Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Traditions

We were so blessed to be able to spend Thanksgiving with family and friends this year! Uncle JJ flew down and spent the week with us! The kids LOVE having him here and secretly I think he enjoys it just as much (as long as he can get a few naps during the week). I was able to make Lefse for the first time with a friend. Next year...only 5 lbs. of potatoes, 10 lbs. could feed an entire squadron and their families!!!! On Thanksgiving morning we headed out to enjoy a little family fun run with the kids. They have been asking to run a race with me and 1 mile was perfect for them that morning! I love that the LDS Church offers all these family fun runs and bike events! It's such a great idea! 

After our massive Thanksgiving feast, we headed out to The Magical Forest at Opportunity Village. We did this last year and had a great time! However, I think more and more families are getting the idea that no one will be there on Thanksgiving night because there seemed to be more people there this year. I know many people have the feeling that places of business should be closed for the holiday, which I agree. I did not participate in any in store shopping on Thursday. But, Magical Forest is for charity and it's completely run by volunteers. So, if they are going to give up their time with family for charity, let's make it worth it and go participate. 

The weekend brought on lots of naps, pj wearing, football watching, Christmas decorating, and eating leftovers! Sounds just about perfect, right?!
 
 
 

No comments: